The Dorset Council Local Plan Consultation is now live and runs until 15th March 2021. Members of the public are encouraged to view and comment on the plan.
Please see details from Dorset Council below:
Dorset Council have produced a draft Local Plan containing proposals for guiding future development in the Dorset Council area up to 2038. The plan outlines the strategy for meeting the needs of the area such as housing, employment, and community services including schools, retail, leisure and community facilities. The plan directs development to the most suitable locations near to existing facilities, and detailed policies promote high quality development that respects and enhances the character of each area. The plan also protects Dorset’s natural environment and contributes towards the mitigation and adaptation to climate change.
What is in the plan?
View the Dorset Council Local Plan consultation on the council’s website at www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/Dorset-council-local-plan
Paper copies of the plan are available for loan via click and collect from your local Dorset Council library (Covid-19 permitting) https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/libraries-history-culture/libraries/find-your-local-library/dorset-libraries.aspx.
If you are shielding volunteers can help you pick up a paper copy of the plan for you from your local library. Find out more about support for those shielding at https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/emergencies-severe-weather/emergencies/coronavirus/community-response/communities-and-volunteering.aspx
Find out more
Listen to or watch webinars
We are holding webinars throughout the consultation period on key themes within the plan. Each webinar will consist of a short presentation followed by a question and answer session. www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/dorset-council-local-plan-webinars
The timetable for webinars is as follows:
|Tuesday 26 January||Distribution of development: including settlement hierarchy and the spatial distribution of development.||12-1pm|
|Thursday 28 January||All things environmental: Climate change, renewable energy, flooding and biodiversity.||12-1pm|
|Tuesday 2 February||Central Dorset towns, housing and employment and landscape.||12-1pm|
|Thursday 4 February||Western Dorset: towns, housing and employment sites and heritage||12-1pm|
|Tuesday 9 February||Housing: including housing need, neighbourhood planning and affordable housing.||12-1pm|
|Thursday 11 February||South Eastern Dorset: towns, housing and employment sites and the green belt||12-1pm|
|Tuesday 16 February||Northern Dorset: towns, housing and employment sites and Design||12-1pm|
|Thursday 18 February||The Economy, community and collecting money from development||12-1pm|
Telephone the team
We also have a dedicated phone line available during the consultation period open Monday to Friday from 10am – 2pm. Telephone 01305 252500 to speak to a member of the team.
How can I make a comment?
- Make sure you give your name and either postal or email address along with your postcode so that your response can be considered appropriately
- Use the official form
- Make your comments within the consultation period
- representations cannot be treated as confidential. By competing a representation, you agree to your name (but not your address) and comments being made available for public viewing
- the Council does not accept any responsibility for the contents of the comments submitted. We reserve the right to remove any comments containing defamatory, abusive or malicious allegations.
I want to make my comment online
View and comment on the plan at the following link – www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/dorset-council-local-plan
The benefits of doing your response this way are as follows:
- less impact on the environment as we do not need to use paper or postage
- you’ll be emailed a copy of your response as confirmation once submitted
- you’ll also be able to start your response and return to it at a later date – a confirmation email will send you a link to where you left off
- you can upload supporting information to your response.
I want to email you my comment
We also accept responses emailed to us at [email protected], completed on the specified response form.
I want to write my comment on paper
There are paper copies of the response form available upon request for those without internet or computer access. Please telephone 01305 252500 to request your copy.